“It takes a village to raise a child, and it takes a village to transform the golden years.” Yasmin Shah used these beautiful words as part of a TEDx Talk, on “Seen-Agers”. We’ve loved this term ever since. To label older adults as seniors, does not describe the enrichment, the vibrancy or the love we share as part of these very special relationships.
Essential Concierge provides the non-medical concierge care and the support you would do yourself if your schedule permitted. In the U.S. an estimated one out of six people are entering the “senior-adult” category every day. The time that is required for a family member to sort out non-medical activities for aging parents and relatives, can easily complicate our already very full and busy lives.
Our team works with you and your seen-ager to create a true concierge experience. Safety, fun, dignity, and independence are always top of mind when we work with older adults. Some of the services we offer include:
- Screening vendors and scheduling of home care, cleaning, landscaping, repairs, etc.
- Oversight assistance when hiring contractors, during remodeling, and large projects
- Note taking during appointments, professional services, etc.
- Referrals and connections with local recreation, interest groups, classes
- Tutoring and help with mobile phones, computers, iPads, social media
- Holiday planning, birthday planning, gift shopping, wrapping, shipping, deliveries
- Pet-sitting, help with veterinarian visits
- Organizing garage sales, closet organizing, etc.
- Researching options for the next level of care
Non-medical responsibilities for aging family members can easily absorb two hours or more during a typical work day. Essential Concierge provides a safeguard for families who live in separate parts of the country, and in our local community. We provide reliable, resourceful, problem solving communication to help you have peace of mind while you are apart from the ones you love most. Contact us for a free consultation.